Monday 29 September 2008

Today, down past Kilberry, we hunt down a tiny beach because we think that its bound to have string on it. We scramble through the rain and the tall,wet bracken down the cliff side. When we get there we find one piece of string. This is a bad harvest, but at least it is a nice piece - about a foot long and an unusual mossy shade of green. The sea, on the other hand, is being very bountiful but when I try to record it, I find it almost impossible to cutout the wind and get any definition. I think to record a wild sea I would need better equipment. I don't mind coming back with next to nothing because sometimes the process is enough and I hope that today will be present somewhere, if only subliminally, in the piece. the way back up to the road is easier and less treacherous because Katie leads the way.

No comments: