Tuesday 2 June 2009

Berneray

We've just returned from a week in North Uist while I set up the exhibition and ran a few workshops. Its been a brilliant week. Staying in Berneray - the little island of the north of North Uist - has, as always, been a pleasure beyond telling. The sun shone relentlessly and we got plenty of time to visit the Traigh, and Sheabie and old friends. I gave a talk at the opening night and was delighted that people came and seemed to enjoy the exhibition. Gigha has been placed outside the Arts Centre. That was a bit of a headache, making sure she could stand up to the winds. I hope she lasts throughout the exhibition period - she is fragile but, I am optimistic. Afterall, this is what its about.

I have printed off tiny booklets to use as mementos. This wasn't too hard - thanks to the printer - www.inkylittlefingers.co.uk.

No comments: