Tuesday 18 November 2008

Installation

This weekend we set up the exhibition. The usual last minute panics and happy concerns. AnTobar staff were consistently patient and sensitive. The figures sit well in the space and AnTobar has provided great floor trays to hold the figures in a base of sand. The sand was more time consuming than I expected but nobody seemed too cross. I am happy with each piece and because of this I want to relax and enjoy these last moments of knot tying and checking.. Now is the time to contemplate it all, to gather what has been learned and experienced before heading on to the next piece of work. Gordon helps me perfect my sound piece. I meet an old friend Jenny Soep who pops in to see the exhibition http://www.jennysoep.com/
I come home and tidy up my studio.
The exhibition runs from November 13th to December 31st. There is a christmas party 13th December evening and I hope some friends will come to here me give an artists talk then.

No comments: